Sunday, July 10, 2011

Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies



This past weekend I went on a church women's retreat in Lake Geneva, WI. It was wonderful to get out of the city and enjoy God's beautiful creation! I wanted to contribute something to the snack table so I made these cookies for the ladies.

I found the recipe online, but made some minor adjustments to fit the ingredients I had on-hand. Enjoy!
 
ORANGE CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
(makes 4 dozen cookies)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon orange juice
1½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cup oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup/ 8 oz chocolate chips

Beat together butter, oil, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and orange juice until creamy. On top of the wet mixture, pour flour, baking soda and salt. Stir drys gently so there are no clumps. Add oats, cranberries and chocolate chips. Mix until well combined. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.


Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...