Monday, February 17, 2014

Going towards Gluten-Free: Spaghetti Squash!


I recently decided to go gluten-free for health reasons. It's not been that much of an adjustment from my low-sodium diet. I've had to altered a few of my favorite recipes, but this is a new one inspired by my friend Laura!

Spaghetti Squash, Chicken, & Kale

1 Spaghetti Squash (cut in half, cooked in a baking pan with water)

In a dutch oven:
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Tumeric
1 Tbsp. Garlic
Paprika
Black Pepper
Herbs of choice
1/4 cup White Wine
1/4 cup Chicken broth or water (optional)

4-6 Chicken Drumsticks
1 Onion, diced
Kale, de-stemmed and chopped

Brown chicken in butter, oil and honey. Add onions, spices, wine, and liquid if needed. Simmer until chicken is cooked. Once done, remove from pan and de-bone.  Return to pan with spaghetti squash and kale. Stir together well and cook for a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...